In this post, I would like to share my experience on how to study to Microsoft Exam 70-475 Designing and Implementing Big Data Analytics Solutions.
This exam will test your knowledge on Azure HDInsight, Data Lake Analytics, Azure Data Factory, Azure Machine Learning, Azure IoT, Azure Event Hub, Azure Stream Analytics and Azure SQL Database. You can buy an exam bundle at http://www.mindhub.com which includes:
- Exam Voucher
- One (1) exam retake, if necessary
- One (1) Microsoft Official Practice Test, powered by MeasureUp
A couple of months ago, I took exam 70-473, which helped me to answer a few questions in this exam 70-475. The questions were related to TDE, Always Encrypted and Data Masking on Azure SQL DB. If you haven’t done exam 70-473, if recommend you to study Azure SQL DB.
I have been working with Azure HDinsight, Data Factory and Azure Machine Learning for while, but before taking the exam I decided to complete a couple of online courses from edx. These courses are presented by Microsoft and helped me to fill any gap. I have done it in the following sequence:
- Orchestrating Big Data with Azure Data Factory
- Processing Big Data with Hadoop in Azure HDInsight
- Implementing Real-Time Analytics with Hadoop in Azure HDInsight
- Implementing Predictive Analytics with Spark in Azure HDInsight
- Applied Machine Learning
- Developing Big Data Solutions with Azure Machine Learning
- Principles of Machine Learning
- Processing Big Data with Azure Data Lake Analytics
- Processing Real-Time Data Streams in Azure
It is very important to complete the labs from all courses above and also to read some of Azure documentation, which is listed below. These will give you a good understanding before taking the exam. After that, I took Microsoft Official Practice Test, which helped me to understand my strengths and weakness areas for this exam.
For the labs, setup a trial Azure account on https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/free/ and you will be able to use it for 30 days.
If you would like to read instead of watching videos, you can read Azure documentation as below:
- Microsoft HDInsight
- Data Factory
- Machine Learning
- Data Lake Store
- Data Lake Analytics
- Stream Analytics
- Event Hubs
- IoT Hub
- SQL DB
Hope this gives you some guidance on what you need to study for the exam.